Monday, March 7, 2011

Somewhere, out there.

I'm trying desperately not to stress-eat. I feel like I have no control over my little corner of the world. And you'd think that since I can control what I eat, that I'd be good with that. But for some reason, I just want to dive into crap food and eat, eat, eat.

Bosses are making decisions, co-workers are making situations, and someone put too much crap down the disposal (at my house) and now I need a plumber.

I feel the call of the wild and I just might have to answer. I went for a bike ride, and that felt good. The only problem is I ended up back at home. Wish I could ride away. Far away.

6 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Forrest Gump. Dear God, make me a bird, so I can fly, far, far away from here. Chin up, kiddo. Hope things turn around soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling of wanting to eat due to stress. Today is one of those days. I kind of feel like since my schedule is going to be screwed up the rest of the week, I might as well eat whatever I want. Trying to resist, but it's hard.

    Hang in there, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that feeling all too well of just wanting to ride far, far away.....oh yes, lol. Unfortunately, reality beckons and we have to stay put and suffer...dammit. Try not to eat all of your emotions though....that's a tough one, but we both know we end up regretting it later. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. I often wonder just how far away I could get if I didn't make that last turn towards home and just kept peddling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Must be something in the Houston air. Right there with ya. But we are stronger than the stress in our lives. Things always get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get some of the control you're craving. Maybe you need to let yourself have a bit and then another bike ride. How about a book? I can send one.

    ReplyDelete