Sunday, January 22, 2012

I've made many attempts at losing weight over the past few decades years. I've lost some, gained it back, lost it again, etc., etc. As a result, I have a lot of different sizes of clothes that I've refused to give up hung on to in the event that 1. I'd lose weight and be able to wear the smaller sizes again, or 2. gain it back and nothing would fit. And since clothes are expensive, especially plus size clothes, I just kept everything and rotated them from the current size closet to the not-current size bins in the garage.

This weekend I decided it's time to change my hoarding of clothes. There will be no gaining weight back for me this time. And if I believe that (and I do) there is no reason to hang on to the clothes that are now huge too big. I spent this weekend going through my closet and the bins in the garage and did I have fun! It was like playing dress up. I had some clothes that I'd forgotten about and they fit me now! And...look good. Standing in front of a mirror hasn't been fun for me in years. I avoided mirrors except to put on my make-up. But, this weekend, I liked looking in the mirror and feeling proud of myself. I feel like a confident woman. Corny, huh?

My mom gave me a few Chico's jackets and I love them. I bought a pair of boots the other day to wear with a skirt that I've had - that's right, a skirt! I've been wearing pants forever because I  didn't like how I looked in dresses or skirts. I don't really have any heels but I guess I'll be looking for a pair soon :)

My word for this year is change and change is happening in lots of areas. Not just my size or my attitude about food and exercise. Change is happening at work and I have to believe that it's all good. A few months back, I asked God to help me change my life. I have tried to do it alone and never seemed to make any real progress. So, I prayed for Him to change me and change some other areas in my life. One of which was the situation at work with the co-worker that I've had to fill-in for because she's never there. Well, last week, we found out she won't be back. Which is no surprise, except that I'm glad it's finally permanent and that management is looking to hire someone and re-vamp her job, mine, and another co-workers to make the work-flow more even. I'm excited to see what is to come. I know that God is working on me and I put my faith in Him.

Oh, and I'm still getting up every morning to do the elliptical and in the afternoon, too. And Sydney gets her walk everyday. All this activity feels fantastic!

Have a great week and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment