Friday, August 22, 2008

Why Can't I Eat Just One???

Last week I decided to move on to Ph. 2 of South Beach because I was craving carbs like crazy. When I went shopping I bought some cookies from Kashi. They looked so healthy and yummy. That should have been a big warning sign for me, right there. But I bought them anyway.

I got them home and had one with a cup of coffee. No problem, I thought. I've got this thing licked. I am behaving like a normal "on my way to thin" person. So confident that I could have these cookies, in my house, and not feel compelled to scarf them down uncontrollably.

Well, last night, I got the package down from the shelf and proceeded to scarf down 4 cookies likety-split. They are 130 cals each and I don't even want to think about how many carbs. They were sooooo good. But after the 4th cookie I realized the first one tasted the best. So why did I have to eat 4!!! I feel like some kind of addict. I wish I did not have to eat at all.

I am going back on Ph. 1 and try again. I do think some of this is pms cravings but I am really sick of using that excuse, too. Maybe I just need to give up breads and grains for life. I just can't seem to control myself when they are in my house.

What's that saying about "man can not live on bread alone?" Not true, I could live on bread alone. But for me the saying needs to be "woman will live by leaving bread alone!!"

3 comments:

  1. I have things that I do the same thing with. I will just reach for them and eat away. Sometimes you just need to stop and think. Its hard but it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are certain things i just cannot have in my house! I know it sounds crazy but i cannot at times stay away from them and if they're not there i can't have them ;) Hopefully one of these days i'll learn self control ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a huge realization that the first cookie tasted the best. I'm going to TRY to remember that sentiment when I'm faced with my own demons (which are also in the bread category!).

    ReplyDelete