Thursday, July 10, 2008

Afraid to Dine Out

I've lost 2 more lbs so far this week! I think my motivation is coming from knowing I will be in NYC soon. I wish I didn't need to have a motivating reason as big as that, but for now, whatever works. It's keeping my head focused on the right things to eat.

I was invited to dinner tonight with some co-workers to celebrate a birthday. To a Mexican Food restaurant, no less. My mega favorite food to eat. I could feel myself losing control just thinking about eating there! I hate that! Being the superstitious dieter that I am, I told them I would not be able to join them. That sounds weak and ridiculous but I know me and I know how easy it would be for me to be tempted to indulge.

Maybe someday I will have a better grip on myself. After I've lost a more significant amount of weight. Right now I just don't want to break my losing streak! Do you ever feel superstitious about your diet? It sounds crazy but it never took much to throw me off my game. This time I'm playing to win. I know in the real world I will not always be able to avoid food situations, but today I can, and I will.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you on staying strong, you've got to do what's best for you.

    ReplyDelete