Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rising Water in H-Town

Big storms hit the Houston area yesterday and during the night. If you live in the area you know that is bad news for drivers trying to get to work and school. Our school has delayed opening today until 10:30am due to street flooding. I learned many years ago not to venture out in certain areas of town when we have serious rain. Once when I was 19 my car (a little Chevy Vega, which I loved) filled up with water when I got stuck trying to get around stalled cars in deep water. Never again, uh-uh, not me baby. I'll wait it out.
Here are some shots out my back door just as light was able to come through some of the clouds. Dreary, soggy, and messy.










Sidney is not sure she wants to get her feet wet!








This is a puddle right off my back patio. I liked how the sky reflected in it. :)



I am enjoying being home this morning. It's nice to be home on a Tuesday morning. We are expecting more rain so I may be able to get to work soon, just hope I can get back home later!

Have a great day! Stay dry and don't forget to drink your water.

8 comments:

  1. I did the same thing with my '72 Plymouth Duster (with the Starksy and Hutch paint job). I'd love to have that car again!

    Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment...It was really funny especially when we saw the streak in the photo!
    I hope the rain lets up for you.
    I love the reflected sky photo.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the pics. It floods here in AZ also. You see people all the time that are needing to be rescued in flood waters. Though, once they started charging the drivers for the rescue there haven't been as many. I wish it would rain here! I love it when it rains! Stay dry....and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos! I have always wondered why we don't have more people have their cars flooded here. I have family in TX and it seems to happen more there...hope sunshine is in the forecast soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My '69 mustang used to get creaky when it rained.

    Last week it was in the 80s here. Today 60s and overcast with a chance of rain. You cannot ever, ever complain about rain here even when there is flooding and mudslides because we are always either on the brink of drought or in a drought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should I ship you a life vest? LOL It's been raining a lot here too, as long as it lets up by the weekend, I'll be happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you manage to keep dry and the weather clears up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are still under a flood warning from Sunday and the rains returned today. Sogginess is not my favorite thing ;) but at least I am in the comfort of my own home.

    Thanks for you comment on my blog today ;) Let's keep our fingers crossed for some sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete