Friday, June 5, 2009

Starbucks and Me


I really shouldn't ever go into a Starbucks. I always end up with something I didn't intend to get. Like today, I ended up with 140 extra calories because I didn't know what the h*ll I was doing.

Kelly has talked about these Venti Espresso Fraps with Splenda just too many times so today I celebrated Friday with a treat. A loaded one, however. I didn't know you had to say "light" in the name of this frikkin-frap in order for it to be the 150 calorie version. Damn it. I hate feeling like such a newbie - in a coffee shop? I think I should just stick with making my own coffee. Oh well, this just means I need to ride a little longer today. Sh*t happens, right? It's nobody's fault but mine. I usually check things online BEFORE going so I know what I'm actually getting.
updated to add: When I gave my order to the Barista, which was "venti espresso frap w/2 Splenda packets", she told me "we don't usually put espresso in fraps so how many shots do you want?" I didn't know what she was talking about so I said "shots of what?" she said "espresso" I said "one?" I thought boy, I'm asking for something off the menu, hmmm. On further looking into it, Starbucks does make "espresso fraps" and "coffee fraps". Evidently, that Barista needs more training! Still, I think Starbucks is too complicated for me, lol.

Today was good food-wise. Egg white omelet for breakfast; blueberries and almonds for snack; greek yogurt and strawberries, Green Giant yellow carrots and spinach with white beans in a garlic sauce for lunch. Let's not mention the frap anymore today, okay? Okay.

Have a great weekend and don't forget to drink your H2O!

8 comments:

  1. I used to get skinny lattes as a reward/treat. They're only about 100 cals. Now, I'm full on to iced green tea mode. Zero cals. In fact, I think iced green tea has negative cals because you use calories drinking it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starbucks is THE DEVIL. I don't care if the line is long. I'll wait. I can stand there and just smell the freshly brewed coffee. The sound of the frap machine. Some funky CD playing in the background.
    Ahhhh....bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't go into places like that anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate to this . . . I LOVE iced white chocolate mochas, but I nearly had a heart attack when I realized how many calories they have! Nowadays, I limit myself to the occasional "tall, one pump no whip" . . . and it still packs quite a caloric punch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to stop going to Starbucks because I couldn't resist the Top Pot doughnuts staring at me from the pastry case. And I used to get the Frappacinos too, so that was another reason to stay away. Now I go to Tully's and have never ordered anything but their drip coffee... except if I want a treat, I order a venti americano on ice with a shot of sugar free caramel; then I add a bit of whole milk. It satisfies my craving for something smooth and creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use to always feel a little out of place when trying to order at those places...solved that problem. I just quit going.

    I swear, tomrrow I am going to try some iced green tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankfully coffee isn't one of my vices so I can easily avoid Starbucks. But it does seem unnecessarily complicated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't order in Starbucks to save my life....so I've just quit going there. Tisha is so right, "Starbuck's is the Devil", and they make it so damned difficult to order anything "lite" it's just too much work.

    ReplyDelete