Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Weak Momentum

There is no excuse for what I am doing to my body. I am fully aware of what I'm eating and yet, that does not stop me from putting it in my mouth. Ever since I fell into the vat of sugar last week, I've weakened my momentum. I will rebuild it, but it will take me a few good meals!

Thanks, by the way, to all of you who've left such nice, supportive comments. They really do mean a lot to me and I read them over and over. I am beginning to understand why blogging is my tool of choice! You are all important to me.

While I am not really eating clean this week, I am trying to make good choices. Because of the hectic holiday happenings this week I am too stressed to think. Since eating clean is new to my family, I need some time to introduce them to this new and better way to eat. This Christmas, is not the time to spring all this new info on them. Now, some of you may judge me on this decision but I know my family and until they see that life will go on while eating clean, I think this is the best way to secure the future of eating clean.

I've decided on New Year's I will create a yummy clean meal and let them know that in 2009, we will eat clean. We will be healthy. I will lose weight and exercise will become my BFF. :)

My family is always supportive of me, so I don't think I will have a hard time convincing them that clean is the way to go. My mom has some really bad habits and since she lives with me now, that will be my biggest struggle. When I was little she used food as a reward. I think everyone did back then. She would fix cakes and fudge and beg me to stay up and watch TV with her. So late night snacking has always been with me. She still likes to bake cakes and make goodies. It has been really hard having her here because she doesn't understand that I have no full switch. If she makes a skillet of corn bread, I want to eat 2 or 3 pieces. And when she makes pancakes, I want 5 or 6. She does not have a binge problem like me. I never know when I've had enough. It must be nice to have such control.

Anyway, I hope everyone has the best holiday! Stay safe and love the ones you're with!!

8 comments:

  1. I know you were sort of jesting ---but I really love that mantra. about eating clean and exercise being your friend.
    love yourself. be kind to yourself and, perhaps, adopt that in 2009 as your theme of the year!
    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a great job because you're trying, Tena. It's hard enough changing our own habits let alone everyone else's. Kudos to you for "dragging" everyone else along :)
    Have a great Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you, if the sugars or simple carbs come in it s a fight. Plus the family is not on board. They support me on my effort but just are not willing to change themselves. With time it gets easier to have the stuff around and pass. I have to admit there are somethings I refuse to make and if they want it they have to make it or go get it themselves. Over these two years I do think the holiday time is the worst. Not just because the stuff is everywhere but the stress and emotions. You will do great because you are on top over it and want to make the changes. Love the plan for 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog. Good luck in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't blame you a bit for getting through the holidays and then kicking off 2009 right (especially with the family dynamics). And, I know exactly what you mean -- I also do not have a full switch so with everything (especially really YUMMY things) I really have to practice stopping myself. Onward and downward in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have similar challenges with my switch.. it's often broken :)

    You are aware of what you are doing and that's 1/2 the battle. You are doing such a good job and standing up for what YOU need (big props for that one)!! 2009 will be your year!

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy holidays to you too. You're trying, you're making good choices. You're holding on to something!

    Good luck & happy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete