Saturday, February 21, 2009

Energy and Persistence


"Energy and persistence conquer all things." - Ben Franklin


This week was all about persistence for me. I'm not ready to quit. Nope, no quitters up in here! I nearly let a little cake become a major obstacle. The sugary delight was like an addictive drug that demanded everything and left me wanting more no matter the consequences. It sapped my energy and made me lose sight of what is really important to me at this stage of my life: a healthier me.


By Wednesday I was getting my focus back and was able to put the cake behind me. I made good food choices the rest of the week and I continued to ride my bike, regardless! And you know what? I lost 1.2 lbs this week. I must confess that I did get on the scale earlier in the week and naturally I was up about 2 lbs. In the past this would have been a cue for me to quit. I've quit so many times in the past, obviously or I wouldn't be writing about weight-loss, I'd be writing about keeping weight off! I am looking forward to that day!


I attribute my quick recovery to all the great comments of encouragement and positive vibes that I got from you all and from reading your blogs. Having such great community support is what is helping me keep things in perspective. Thank you for sharing your ups and downs, it's what keeps me moving!


Have a wonderful weekend, and don't forget to keep moving.

13 comments:

  1. How very true! We cannot let little things stop us. You rocked this week and i see another great week coming up for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! I love reading your blog. I really relate to you. I struggle with sugar and realize that I have to keep it out of my house and life. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar is my nemesis too. But, we are stronger and smarter than sugar, aren't we? Oh yes!

    I love how you sign off every post with positive reminders to eat veggies or drink water. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your positive attitude is certainly encouraging. I also admire your dedication to exercise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for getting back on track! There will be no quitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You said: "I'm not ready to quit. Nope, no quitters up in here!"

    Great attitude! Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Major victory, rock star! I'm proud for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are having a lovely weekend! It's all worth it. Amen on NO QUITTING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the loss and keeping that cake at bay. YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great attitude!

    Next time you have to try throwing the cake away! It's freeing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sugar and salty treats are my meth! Way to go on getting past the cake and going on to see a loss. YAY.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very true... I really need to think about being persistent.

    ReplyDelete