Thursday, January 15, 2009

Celebrate!


Is it weird to mention that today is my birthday? Well, today is my birthday! Whoopee! I'm 52! Whatever that means. I don't really think of my age except when my knees grind as I'm going up a flight of stairs. Ugh. Why do the parts have to wear out?
When I woke up this morning, I found a pretty bouquet of red tulips. My son left them for me! He's such a sweetheart. When he was 4 years old my mom brought him to my office (where I was working at the time) and he walked all the way to my desk carrying a sweet little bunch of flowers. Every year after that he insisted on getting me flowers. It's so nice that even at age 24, he still remembers to get me flowers. Thanks, mom, for helping to teach my son to be thoughtful and giving. It means so much!
I'm not having cake today. I'm not having cheesecake (my fav). I've asked for a yummy fruit crumble made with cherries, apples, oats, and pecans. Yummm. Since I've been doing well this week and feeling good, I don't want to blow it over having a birthday. Dinner will be at home and then on to the Wii! It is so much fun. I laugh at myself (my mii) when it hangs its head in shame! Those of you that have a Wii, know what I'm talking about!
I hope you have a day that makes you smile!

12 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    You just made my day smile with sharing your son's thoughtfulness.

    Hope your day is the GRANDEST!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great birthday!
    You are doing so great.....LOVE the fact your son left you flowers, that is so sweet. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great son! Tulips are my favorite flower. :-) I hope you have a wonderful birthday and you are such a strong woman for skipping the cheesecake! LOL Have fun on your Wii tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A day starting with flowers and ending with laughs sounds wonderful. Hope the rest is filled with joy.
    Happy Birthday
    Rie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tulips sound beautiful. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (you and MLK!). (I love the Wii, too -- I'm hooked on step aerobics and rhythmic boxing. Even tho I'm not very good at either.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Tena!!!

    I love tulips. And.. I'm also loving the new pic at he top of your blog.

    Have a great night and ENJOY your cheesecake!

    :)
    Tamzin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, here goes....
    Happy birthday to you!
    Happy birthday to you!
    Happy birthday, dear TEEEEENAAAA!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU!
    and many more!
    That is a very sweet son you have!
    Tulips are my fave flower!
    I love that you love your Wii
    & your Mii...that's funny! lol
    Your birthday treat sounds Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! What a sweet son :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, biking mama!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! ~* I hope you had loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy B'day! It's my birthday this Saturday, the 17th. If you don't know how old I'll be you'll have to wait until then ;)

    I hope that you had a great day--I'm sure the flowers made it!

    ReplyDelete