Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Kinda Day - Happy New Year's Day

Last year at New Years, I was not in a happy place. Some personal things were going on and the holidays pretty much fell into the crapper. I didn't make any plans at all for a "better" year in 2008 because I just couldn't get my head around what was happening. I still don't have my head around it, but I've come to accept that some things are so totally out of my control that I just have to let it go and move on.

As a result, in 2008 I didn't really do anything for myself as far as losing weight or exercising until late in the year. I met you great peeps through your blogs: Katschi, Spunkysuzi, Escape from Obesity, Mizfit, HollyALP, and so many more. Well, you can see for yourself, they're over there in my followers list and in the list of people that inspire me. By reading your blogs, I've been encouraged, I've cried, and I've ROFLMAO. I've cooked some good stuff, too ,by seeing what you all are eating. And now I'm ready for 2009 to be the year that I put me first and lose this weight, this suit of armour that I've been wearing for the last 20 years. I put it on when my heart got broken. When my feelings dried up and blew away. Anyway, I digress...

Today is the first day of a brand new year. I woke up in a much better mood than yesterday. Don't know why but I think I just wanted to be in a better mood.

So, I cooked a recipe from The Eat-Clean Diet book, Adobo-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin (p. 200), some roasted veggies - butternut squash, parsnips, carrots, & onion. We also cooked black-eyed peas and cabbage, of course, for the usual New Year's day luck, ya know. Anyway, the meal was great!! Here are pictures of some of the meal. Not much left of the roasted veggies. They were a hit!
After we ate I went for a bike ride outside. The weather was great for biking today. I'm off work till the 5th so I'm planning on getting a lot of riding in if the weather holds up.
Hope everyone had a successful day. If not, love yourself and start fresh tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Roasting veggies is the best! I only wish I could say that we've got great biking weather but I know that it will come!

    Hoping you have a great new year and move into 2009 with confidence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bike riding sounds wonderful! Glad 2009 is starting out on a great note. Best way to start :-). Love roasted or grilled veggies! The tenderloin looks yummy.
    Rie

    ReplyDelete
  3. {{{HUGS}}} for the New Year!
    Here's to dropping our armour. I wish I would've saved that great comment you gave about cancelling your insurance policy...something along those lines, remember?
    That dinner looks delish! Seriously, yummy. I didn't even know that recipe was in there...I need to go back & reread it.
    Being able to go for a bike ride in January...what a treat!
    I hope the very best of everything finds its way to you this year, Tena! I mean it with all my heart!
    Let's kick some butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i have that book i must look at the recipes :) And yep i must admit i loooooove roasted veggies of all kinds, in fact i'm having some tomorrow!!
    Here's to a great year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a totally awesome way to start in a new year.

    I'd never heard of the peas, cabbage and ham thing before but my hubby was telling me about it today. teehee


    Heres to Health Happiness and Money!

    Cheers
    Tamzin

    ReplyDelete