Saturday, January 10, 2009

Weighing In - Week 1 of the 6 Week Challenge!


December 1st, 2008 I started eating clean and in 2 weeks I went from 285 to 272.8 - Wow, 12 lbs ! I was so happy! I was so motivated. And then something went terribly wrong. I began to eat the holiday junk that was coming into the house. No one forced me. I just wanted it. Eating sweets and dips and junk at Christmas has been something I've done for many years, obviously. This Christmas was proving to be no exception.

I gained, duh! You can't eat like I did and not gain. Six pounds. I gained six pounds back. I feel an Oprah moment coming on...I can't believe I let the fat win. I got really mad at myself. Then Karen at Fitcetera started a 6 week challenge - be strict and do your plan of choice and workout - with no excuses! Woo Hoo! Just what I needed to get me back on track. Thanks, Karen and all of you that offered words of encouragement. I mean it from the heart!

I haven't had a chance to check in on everybody that signed up for the Challenge but I'm sure we are kickin' butt! I really think that all the sharing and caring is going to get us to our goal! I know this for sure - at Christmas next year I will be thinner, healthier, and I will make better choices for holiday noshing!

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be trying to catch up reading blogs in between riding my bike. Although, Saturday our lovely 72 degree weather is supposed to take a dip to 50. I know, it's nothing to you guys that are having 24 and snow but it's what we here in Texas call - Chili weather!

7 comments:

  1. you are doing great! :) I've not been doing my best on this challenge - but I'm going to keep going forward... a little better each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it if you put your mind to it.

    My only issue with being strict for a certain amount of time is that quite often, people are omitting things and once the 6 weeks are over--BOOM!--you are craving something.

    That could be why at Christmas you went overboard. Everything in moderation but, that's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holidays are over and game back on. Those pounds will go.
    For me the "tradition" of the holiday foods was the problem, had to make new traditions to get by them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tena!
    I'm glad to see you're back at it with gusto!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, most of us indulged at Christmas time. And like you I am thrilled that KAREN started that 6 week challenge. It sure has helped me keep on program and started getting me to exercise for a change.

    We can and WILL do this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tena! I love it. 12 pounds. YAY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in the same boat. Did great the first two weekes of December and then fell off the wagon. Here's to climbing back on.

    ReplyDelete