Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy MLK Day!


I'm off work today thanks to MLK. Since we share the same birthday I always feel a special bond with him. Just kidding, but on a serious note, I do think today holds a very significant meaning. I wish our new President was being sworn in today. Don't you think that would be really cool?


Today it's a little windy here but I went for a bike ride anyway. Rode for 6.5 miles and my average speed was 10 mph. I haven't figured how many calories I burned but I don't really care. I know I felt great after the ride and that's what's important.


I'm off to do some errands today and then later I'll be getting Fit, I am so addicted to my Wii Fit! I'll try to take a pic of my Mii (if you don't have a Wii or don't speak Wii, that is the little person that represents you on the screen). I just love her expressions. She's gets a little frustrated when I'm "unbalanced"! So funny, I screw up more when I'm laughing! LOL


Ta Ta for now! Have some fun and eat your veggies!

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I too thought it would be cool if Obama could have been sworn in today.Can't wait to watch the big day tomorrow. My brother and Sister and law won tickets so they will be there live! So excited for them.
    I'm curious as to what you do on the Wii. Please read my post Wii Un-Fit and let me know what activiies you like to do on it.
    Have a Great Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you too!!!

    Unfortunately, I have to work but am glad you are enjoying the day and your bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge!

    Best wishes to you!
    *huggles*
    =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your Wii experiences with me. Sounds like I have some fun stuff to look forward to. I'll be following and sharing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday and welcome to HYC!

    ReplyDelete