Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sunny and 72!


Wow, yesterday and today have been Spring-like weather. Be-u-ti-ful! I went for a bike ride yesterday and rode 5.17 miles. I needed to get my speed up but averaged 10 mph. *Heart* my bike!

I've lost my holiday gain, woo hoo! Well, except for .6 of a pound. I have not been hungry at all and yesterday I didn't even eat that much. The best non-scale victory for me right now is that I have not been hungry before bed. Night time is a really bad snacking time for me. I go to bed late so if I've had dinner at 7, by 11 I'm hungry. Since I haven't been chowing down any grains I've noticed the hunger factor is not an issue. It feels good to have some control.

I'll be riding my bike again today since it's so nice out. I'm gonna try to go a little faster...I think I can, I think I can... ;)
ps: not me in the pic, but how I want to look someday soon!

9 comments:

  1. Wait, You rode 51 miles on a Bicycle? Like one with pedals...? Holy crap! My butt would be so sore and I think I might have died! Wow. That is pretty inspirational to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work. enjoy your bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you, nothing like "springish" weather to perk up a soul huh. :-) I've got a bike hanging in my garage and I think that when the weather warms up, I'm going to get back on it (been over 10 years since I rode a bike last..I hope I remember how LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *heart* my bike, too. But it's been way too cold here for riding. Sacramento has a great bike trail along the American River and I love to ride there. So enjoy your ride for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. man it's been so cold here and we finally went from single digits to 40 degrees and are starting to see pavement again after 70" of snow!!! Would LOOOOVE sunny and 72!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all I love the new blue look. It's fresh.
    Secondly, send some sunny, warm weather this way, will ya? Is that too much to ask?
    Thirdly, I love biking and I'm kind of envious that you can do it year round. I'm glad you're enjoying it!
    4. Yeah, for losing the holiday weight!
    Go TENA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bike ride. Send some of your weather my way. It's still snowing here. I'm really ready for spring about now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah on getting the holiday "bonus" out of here! Great Job! Dreaming of those temps. I bring the bike in and on a riding mount but it just is not like being outside!
    Rie

    ReplyDelete