Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Temptation Tuesday!


What's with the cutesy day-of-the-week post titles? Anyway, today some cupcakes were waived in front of me and I said "no, thanks." I KNOW!! And these were not your average run of the mill cupcakes. They were from a specialty bakery called Crave Cupcakes. They were so cute. Four of them in a cute little box. One had vanilla frosting with a fresh blueberry on top. Gaaaaah!

I said no. No, thanks. And I didn't even regret it. You know how you have reject-remorse? (I don't know if that is a real syndrome, but I'm claiming it.) Sometimes after you say no, you want to chase down the person offering the food, tackle them and then say "I was just kidding. I want it! Give it to me."

Enough. That's enough of that fantasy. LOL I'm glad I said no and so today I celebrate a small non-scale victory! :)

Don't forget to drink your water, have some fun, and stay away from cupcakes!

11 comments:

  1. I don't know if I have your strength yet. I don't go to bakeries and buy and eat cupcakes but if they were waved under my nose...

    I lurve chocolate cupcakes.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure is a NSV! Great job. They sound so cute. I have definitely had that syndrome before ;-). It's never pretty at that point, Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THat's an AWESOME NSV!!! Those are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I have had Reject Remorse! But I'm proud to say that I don't have it as much anymore! I lost 32.2 pounds so far and I'm proud of it! :) "ONLY" 33 more pounds to go! "Only"....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i had the same thing tonight, i went to a board meeting. I took my own veggies and hummus and some fresh fruit, which is good because they were eating gooey lasagna, drenched in dressing cesear and french bread oh and the icing there were a pile of little dainty desserts! Of which i managed to walk away :) Oh and everyone drooled over my food! And i always have second thoughts after i've said no.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!!! Sorry I've been missing in action. I need to take a lesson from you being able to say "no" to temptations. I've fallen badly off my wagon but am working my way back to where I was. I'm determined to get to a healthy weight this year. Thanks for checking in on my blog while I was absent...really appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHHAAH If you havent seen the Terry Tate Office Linebacker commercials you should check them out on youtube. That is totally what came to mind when I read your post.

    :D


    good work on the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had some regret-remorse on Sunday over a cinnamon bun. It lasted for hours! Now, three days later, I'm glad that I didn't eat the cinnamon bun! Sometines it's just a case of outlasting the remorse...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bow to your superior resistance! Frosted cupcakes are not to be trifled with!

    ReplyDelete