Friday, January 16, 2009

Challenge Weigh-In & Good Eats!



I got on the scale this morning (not that I haven't been getting on it all week~lol) and I've lost 2.6 lbs since last Friday!! Yep, I did the happy dance! I was afraid last nights meal might have made a difference since we had pasta. I think this is the first time I've had pasta for dinner and not shown a gain the next morning. Hmm. I was mindful of how much I ate last night and I didn't overeat. And, I was very satisfied!

Here's what my dear mother cooked for us last night (all from the Clean Eating Mag Jan/Feb 2009 issue):

  • Baked Penne (p. 52)
  • Roasted Zucchini Fries (p. 53)
  • Apple-Cranberry Crumble (p. 57)

I'm telling you this meal was so delicious! The pasta was excellent. I loved the asparagus in it. The zucchini fries had the consistency of butter! Melt in your mouth goodness! The crumble was just the right ending for such a great meal. My mom did substitute cherries for the cranberries. I think she used unsweetened cherries from a can so they may not have been ultra-clean, but still healthier than what we usually have on a birthday! I figure any step towards healthy is still a step well taken. Anyway, here are a few pics from the evening. I somehow forgot to take a pic of the pasta dish but it looked just like the one in the magazine!




Here are my tulips!






Yummy crumble!








And me - happy after my 5.5 mile bike ride!!

Have a great Friday! Eat your veggies and have some fun!

6 comments:

  1. Well, Happy Birthday!

    That is so cool that your mom cooked for you. I mean that she cooked well for you. I can't even begin to imagine my mother doing that. You are obviously loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the pounds lost!!! Yahoo!
    That was VERY nice of your mom to follow the clean eating recipes. I'm impressed, Tena!
    I have that mag so I'll have to see the pasta dish.
    The tulips are gorgeous. The crumble looks yummy. And YOU! are beautiful and you look so HAPPY!!!
    I'm happy you've found exercise you love to do...the biking and the Wii. I really envy that you can bike in January :)
    Your happiness is really coming through on your blog.
    You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is probably one of the nicest things I heard a mom do - making food for you that is on your program! Sounds like a great meal and great birthday. I love my mom dearly, but even having been heavy most of my life, she still cooks all the comfort foods we grew up with, with puddles of butter and tons of salt. I usually have her here for dinner to control these things. Keep up the good work! I need to find that magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! A 2.6 lb loss is a great gift for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great birthday gift - your families support and wonderfull company with healthy foods. Thats so awesome.

    and -2.6lbs Happy Bday indeed!!!

    ps - YOU HAVE FABULOUS HAIR!!!

    ReplyDelete